Monday, May 31, 2010

Energy.

"Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries," Corita Kent

I had a work meeting this morning and one of the women who I deal with once a year, walked into the room as a much different woman than last year.

She was svelte, glowing, lean, happy, smiley. She had lost weight since the last time I saw her.

In our friendly banter, she informed me that she was retiring and then starting a new part-time gig. When I asked her about the new job she said that she was going to become a WW leader. How fantastic!

I shared my tale about how I just joined and am doing pretty well so far. Her kind words of encouragement were wonderful and her offer to be my 'buddy' when I feel low and at a loss was even more wonderful. Like AA only WW. Well, not like AA but really who are we kidding since food is my drug!

So, folks, I just found it was nice to have a little reminder about why I started this journey and about why I'm stickin' it to the streets.

I'd love to hit a 10 pound loss this week...so 1.5, it's war dude!!!

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim...I'd love to hear from you - just be nice to each other - and me :)