Thursday, May 13, 2010

Difficulties.

"Tackle any difficulty at first sight because the longer you leave it the larger it grows," Anonymous

Obviously the difficulty I am tackling is my weight...I have left it too long and it has grown large.

Do you remember the moment you realized you were too fat? Or fat enough that you wanted to make a change?

I've been reading on so many blogs that a lot of people seemed to have some kind of epiphany. Like a - Hallelujah - I'll be losing weight today - kinda deal. And then proceed to lose it and live happier than they've ever known!

I haven't really had that. I do want to lose weight though and am taking the necessary steps to do it. But, I don't want the small little voice in my head that nags me about not having a hallelujah moment to mute out the other voice that is working hard at making weight loss happen.

There doesn't have to be a voice, right? Maybe my big moment is comprised of a thousand little moments over the span of my lifetime so far...that's sorta what I believe.

What do you believe? Is there indeed some magical moment? Some feverful feeling? Some exhorbant energy?

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim...I'd love to hear from you - just be nice to each other - and me :)