Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Comfort.

"And remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand", E.K. Brough

I have been remiss in postings. This is my busiest work season though so it's ok, right? :)

I love and hate this time of year. It's the best and the worst time to work at a children's hospital. I get to meet so many families and patients that make my heart soar and make me thankful for everything I have. I do hate the stress that comes with the planning and logistics of our major events. Thanks be to God I'm an organized and patient person.

Those same thanks can be said about my weight loss. I have remained steady this past week (no loss or gain) and I know it's largely due to me not tracking and being semi-careful in my food choices.

The good news is that I have signed up for a gym membership to a new, local health club. The not-so-good news is that it won't be opening until August/September. But, that's no excuse. I need to fit exercise in.

I have found that I toss a bunch of foods together in the morning to make my breakfast and lunch for work. The good thing is that we don't buy too much junky food so it's pretty easy for me to toss a yogurt and fresh fruit into a bag to bring. The hardest part is actually eating that food once I'm at the office. Do you know how much junk there is to eat in an office setting??

That's another posting altogether.

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim...I'd love to hear from you - just be nice to each other - and me :)