Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Terrific Tuesday.

"Excuses fool no one but the person who makes them," Anonymous

Not gonna lie...I was preparing some excuses in my head yesterday right before my weigh-in.

Reasons why my weight would have gone up. Like I was off my regular work schedule so didn't have time to prepare my meals, or was only given unhealthy options to eat, or food aliens forced crap down my throat - that kind of stuff.

Well, folks, my weight was down. And while I was super psyched - I almost thought about saving those thought up excuses for a next time. How quickly we can revert to our old ways (with 'we' being 'me').

I did try to make good choices each and every time I ate. And in the end, it showed.

Excuses really only fool me and I don't want to fool myself anymore. I am where I am because of the choices I have made in life. Whether they be about work, relationships, family, friends and that includes food.

I am glad however that the 2 little voices inside me fighting it out for good choices are actually duking it out. What's that?? You don't hear little voices...it can't just be me!

*hugs*

1 comment:

  1. I really, really like that quote. I might have to steal it. Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete

Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim...I'd love to hear from you - just be nice to each other - and me :)