Thursday, June 10, 2010

Experience.

"The best advice you'll get is from someone who has made the same mistake himself," Anonymous

We are definite creatures of habit. And habits are hard to break.

I am a pretty social person and usually that means going out for movies, drinks and food with friends. Last night I was shopping for baby shower decorations with a friend and we decided to grab a bite to eat at a local restaurant. How easy it is to just forget my journey and succumb to the fresh bread, delicious drinks, awesome appetizers and enticing entrees (I like aliteration!)

So, I did decide on a seafood jambalaya and not any of the deep fried options. I also only munched on one of the bread rolls and ordered my staple of water with a slice of lemon. I have to believe I am making better choices for myself and that this is a life-long journey so there will be temptations and not-so-wise choices along the way.

I am finding that a part of me wanted the fried food option but then I remembered how tired and yucky I feel after eating it. Part of me wanted a healthier option because I remembered that losing weight is important to me as is filling my body with good options so it doesn't feel tired and yucky.

There will be ups and downs in my journey - all I can do is make my next meal a good one.

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim...I'd love to hear from you - just be nice to each other - and me :)