Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Reason Wednesday.

"It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live," Marcus Aurelius

Weight or no weight, I am not waiting to live my life.

I love my life. I love the people in it. I love how I choose to be in the moment each and every day of it.

My reason today for wanting to lose weight:

Bathing suits.

Yup. That dreaded summer time horror show. How can such little material cause such huge anguish??

Thing is, I still wear mine. One of my best friends has a pool and I'll be damned if I'm going to sit on the sidelines dipping my toes in the shallow end all because I don't want to be seen in a swimsuit.

Now, please don't get me wrong...I don't want to be seen in a swimsuit Ha! But I hate the alternative more. When I'm 86 years old and I wonder about things I did when I was younger - I do not want to look back and say I should have swam more but was too self-conscious about being in my bathing suit. I will be mad at my 32 year old self when I'm 86 and I don't want to live a life of regrets.

So, folks, while I won't be posting any pics of my lovely curves in the most minimal of clothing choices, I want you to know that I will indeed be sporting a lil' somethin' to the pool this summer.

*hugs*

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful point you make...and so eloquently too! You're absolutely right, I already look back on my 21 year old self who was too self concious to wear sleeveless tops and think 'Girl, were you mad??? Fancy wasting your time and energy thinking you were fat when you were just fine' I now wear sleeveless tops in summer even though I'm about 70lb's heavier and I still get into my swimsuit too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim...I'd love to hear from you - just be nice to each other - and me :)