Monday, June 28, 2010

Foolishness.

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes," Winston Churchill

It had been 2 weeks but I went to get weighed yesterday.

I was up 2.5 lbs. You know what? I was so proud of myself :)

I was happy because I bit the bullet and went to get weighed even though I had a fear it would be up. I was happy because it was only 2.5 lbs in a 2 week period after so many work and personal events. I was happy because I did not beat myself up over the gain - instead I gave myself a little pep talk before and after weigh-in so that I would be ok with whatever the outcome is.

You know what else? I'm always worried the women who weigh me in will judge me for my gain. How crazy is that, eh? I don't know these women from Adam. We don't run in the same social circles. We don't even really chat with each other. Yet - part of my fear of going to WW yesterday was what will the weigh-in lady think of me. Seriously. Who knew weight loss was so much of a journey - not only about food but of myself as well.

Happy Monday!!

Here's to an amazing week (and a 2.5 lb loss!)

*hugs*

2 comments:

  1. Awesome attitude!! I hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vaia, today is my WW weigh in day, and I'm sitting here trying to decide if I should go or not. I haven't been to WW's since April 27th. I know I've gained close to 5 pounds since the last time I went, and I'm having a hard time facing the truth in front of others.. I blame some of my weight gain on my new heart med's and then part of it as my own fault.. as I've not been following the WW plan the way I should be, especially when it comes to portion's. I get so frustrated with myself! I am only 10 pounds away from what I weighed in at when I first joined WW's to begin to lose my weight. I've made my goal weight once, and I am a Life Time member of WW, but I am trying to get back to my goal weight now. Sooo hard for me to do, that's for sure! I am not very good at disaplining myself at all!

    I've got to really get serious about wanting to do this and about wanting to lose the weight. I know it can be done, as I've been there and it works!

    Wish me luck, and wishing you good luck too!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim...I'd love to hear from you - just be nice to each other - and me :)