Thursday, July 15, 2010

Giddy.

"If people knew how hard I work to gain my mastery; it would not seem so wonderful at all," Michelangelo

water bottle and pedometer (Eddie Bauer)
Weight loss truly is hard work.

One must watch and measure and think about their food intake. However, food intake alone isn't what helps the weight come off, nor what keeps the weight off.

Exercise is a huge component to a healthy lifestyle. Not only for weight loss but for heart health, skin glow, endurance, attitude - it does so much for you!

My awesome boytoy not only got me a gym membership for our one year anniversary (more on that in a second) but picked me up a pedometer (he got himself one too) as well as a water bottle for my hot yoga classes. What a cutie, eh!

As for the gym membership, a new gym is opening near his place and since I spend the majority of my time with him, we both took advantage of the amazing low price that the new gym had to offer. The other night I was telling my mom that the membership was my gift from him and she replied with "why did he get you that? does he think you're fat?" Ugh. This from the woman who tried pushing me to join WW when I was 12 and NOT.EVEN.REMOTELY.OVERWEIGHT.

I replied as calmly as I could that in fact, we were doing it together and that he also thinks that I am perfect and beautiful just as I am. He tells me all the time. Part of why I love him so. I left it at that. She sees weight issues very differently than I do and it's a wonder why I don't have more body issues after growing up with such bad attitudes (don't get me wrong, I have issues but as I've mentioned before, my self-esteem is still quite intact).

So, along with tracking my food, weighing in at WW every week and increasing my water intake - exercise will become a priority and mainstay in my life.

How did you prioritize exercise? What motivates you to keep at it? Your tips are super appreciative!

*hugs*

P.S. I adore and love my mom to bits! She was just raised with a harsh body attitude and unfortunately, still thinks the way her parents did. I am less judgemental about people than most of my family. When she makes comments like the one above, I try to correct or educate her but in the end, it is up to her to draw her own conclusions.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the great boy toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome gifts... Enjoy your anniversary. *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at Band Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think that's an awesome anniversary gift! What could be better than the two of you working to be healthy together!

    I think it's a lot easier to stick with it when your partner is there doing it with you.

    Don't just go together - work out together. Dive into those free weights too!

    Good luck! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Isn't it wonderful to have someone who completely supports you an just wants you to be as happy (with yourself and with your life) as possible? I think it's incredibly sweet that he got you all those things.

    I tried to talk my boyfriend into getting gym memberships so we can go workout together. (It's so hard to think about exercise when he's curled up all comfy on the couch!) He said that at $20/week each (gyms are expensive here!) that's over $2,000 per year - which is hard to spend when we're saving for a house! *sigh* Other than the occasional Scrooge moment, he's lovely and supportive, though. It really makes a huge difference in being able to stay motivated. :)

    ReplyDelete

Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim...I'd love to hear from you - just be nice to each other - and me :)