"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give," Winston Churchill
I have always been... A giver. A gifter. A giant (huh? how did that get in there?)
Today, I am dedicating this lil' 'ol blog post to all of you - the people who take the time to read what I have written. It isn't always much but it's a collection of jumblings in my head.
You truly do not know how much it means to me to have you support me and how therapeutic it is for me to read all of your words on your blogs about your struggles, and more importanly, your continued successes and tries. It warms my cockles let me tell ya!
Also on this day, I am thankful to not be obsessed with the scale (because I am slightly obsessed with the scale). I am choosing to be thankful for so many other things, like:
- taking some time off for me and to just be me
- being in love and being loved
- having my b/f help me with my fear of dogs (he's dog-sitting this week)
- walking to the fridge looking for a snack and then realizing that I'm really not hungry
- a friend surprising me with a new Starbucks mug I've had my eye on for awhile
And I know that there are a myriad of things similar to my list that each and every one of you is thankful for - that isn't weight related. Sometimes it's nice to just know that life will never give you more than you can handle.
If all else fails, please remember that I think you are fantastic. Truly. This giant never lies :)
Have a wonderful weekend!!