"Friendship with oneself is all-important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world," Eleanor Roosevelt
I like myself. Really.
My self-confidence and self-esteem are pretty good - always have been. I can remember back to when I first heard some family members discussing how fat I am and how surprised I was at their comment. (For the record, I was 16, 5'4 and weighed 125 pounds. I had large breasts early which made me look larger as well). According to those stats, a fat girl does not make. I was popular in school, got good grades, had amazing friends, excelled at sports yet I remember the first time I heard family call me fat and that's what sticks out most in my head.
On this gorgeous Friday, I am going to celebrate some of the good things that happened this week...
- tried out a vegetarian restaurant
- took yesterday off and made it all about me (spent the entire day at a friend's pool)
- went to watch a friend's soccer game
- stood outside in a surprise downpour with my boyfriend and just enjoyed the moment
- went to weigh-in, no matter what the results
- was shown TONS of bloggin' love!
So, lovelies...let me know what good things happened to you this week. I don't want to hear about traffic being horrendous, or food intake being bad, or the cat puked into your favourite shoes. There are good things that happen to us each and every day - just take a moment to replay them today!