Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Setting the Scene

"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of becoming,"
Johann von Goethe
 
Day 2.
 
No, I won't be writing and writing each day's accounts of eating out but I will be doing it for the first week atleast. See how I am feeling with it.
 
So, how did day 1 go for me?
 
Well, I tried whey protein for the first time. Didn't hate it. My digestive tract definitely hated it. I had to run out of 2 meetings straight to the little girls' room. Too much information? Well, it's what happened. I spoke with my trainer friend and he said to give it a few more days and see how the body reacts to it. I have also accompanied drinking the shake with a lot of water and so far (since I had it for breakfast) I seem to be doing ok *fingers crossed*
 
Other than that, I didn't cheat (though I don't want to think of eating in those terms) I want this to be a lifelong change. I came home before a meeting and was watching a little bit of television. Within my vision and reach were a bag of chips and onion dip my brother and I had munched on the night before (my last bad treat to myself). I could have easily just snuck a few - who would know, right? My next weigh-in isn't until Thursday and I can eat clean over the next few days and still lose or maintain, right?
 
Problem is, one snack ultimately leads to another. Maybe not at that time but on another day. And more to that point, I truly didn't want the chips. I don't like chips all that much. I'd rather wait and look forward to my 'cheat' meal this week which may be butter chicken or pizza. Either of which I am looking forward to enjoying thoroughly. Funny thing the relationship with food for some people.
 
Where did all these bad habits come from? Some are from family...some are from me...but I like good food. I like vegetables, fruits, milks and grains. Somewhere along the way I liked them too much. And became less active as well. I know my shortcomings and am working on making them less short.
 
Join me.
 
*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim...I'd love to hear from you - just be nice to each other - and me :)