Thursday, November 8, 2012

Living My Life

"Life is a single short sentence - but I want my life to read like a beautiful sentence, one that nobody wants to end,"
Neil Diamond
 
Day 4.
 
I officially weigh myself today.
I'm supposed to weigh myself on Mondays and Thursdays.
 
Since I was around a scale on Sunday, I count that weigh-in number as my start weight with this program. And...I cheated. Nope, not with food. I already weighed myself and I'm down. I would have cried if I wasn't with all the healthy food going into my system and none of the bad. No lattes, no french fries, no cake, no muffins. Am super proud of myself: day by day, week by week.
 
This is the only life I have and I want to feel good living it. Already I get excited to fit more comfortably back into the clothes I bought myself over the summer when I had lost 20 pounds. The pants I'm wearing today - yup, were a little snug 2 weeks ago. Not so much today. Those are the small victories I have to remember. And I can be vain - because this week my reason for losing weight is my vanity.
 
It's not the only reason, but for my life, for right at this moment, it's my reason.
It's the reason I feel sexy when I put on my matching bra sets and show it off to my fiance.
It's the reason I will feel confident trying on wedding dresses with my gorgeous, slim sister.
 
I am aware that life is too short though to dwell on, what some may consider, to be such superficial reasons. If we're honest with ourselves though - everyone's life has some sort of superficiality to it. Could be in the form of career, family, friend, child relationships. Take your pick. Why else do people dream of the grass being greener?
 
Whoa. Where is this going??
 
I just wanted to say today that I am feeling lighter, happy, healthy.
Even if it's just day 4. Gotta start somewhere.
 
*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim...I'd love to hear from you - just be nice to each other - and me :)