Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Reason Wednesday

"Imagination is the beginning of creation.  You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will,"
George Bernard Shaw
 
 
Let's recap, shall we...
 
Every Wednesday I state a reason I want to lose weight (and keep it off) but first thing's first...
 
So, it's Halloween today.
I have never liked Halloween.
 
If I dig down deep enough into the back of my brain, a huge part of why I don't really like it would be because all my girlfriends would wear cute, sexy, short, barely there costumes. I didn't. Felt like I couldn't. Hence, just started hating Halloween.
 
One year I went as a sexy schoolgirl - even then I wore thick black tights and was more covered up than the rest of the people around but atleast I felt as though I fit in a bit.
 
One other year - and the most recent one not too long ago - a group decided to go out for Halloween to a bar and we were all dressing up. I was the Evil Queen from Snow White. Borrowed the outfit from a friend. It truly was the coolest outfit - my makeup was impeccable. However, the costume covered me up entirely. And I didn't feel one bit self-conscious until we actually went to the bar. Not only was I the most covered person there but also within our group of friends. And so while every guy there hit on my naughty nurse sister, my GI Jane best friend, my lusty ladybug neighbour - no one, NO ONE took a second glance at the Evil Queen.  Correction - at one point a wingman was sent to me so a guy could hit on one of my girlfriends. I excused myself and went to the bathroom where I got into the last stall and cried for about 20 minutes.  Wow. I have never told anyone that story and even now it makes me tear up. I know my gal pals came to look for me and I did a good job of hiding out for awhile and then just came out. There was no use in hiding since we'd be staying at the bar for some time.
 
I doubt I'll ever really get dressed up for Halloween again - and if so, the time has passed for the sexy French Maid (outside of the bedroom) but my reason today, on October 31, is to lose weight for that bar-hopping, fun girl in her 20's who never had the guts to be sexy for Halloween.
 
Hope yours is scary good fun!
 
*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim...I'd love to hear from you - just be nice to each other - and me :)