Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Capacity.

"We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. You are unique...You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything...", Pablo Casals

I know who I am.

I am a strong-willed, fun-loving, kind-hearted, gentle-spirited woman. I don't always love my body but am working on that. I am trying to make the connection between what I see in the mirror and how I feel about myself a positive one each and every day.

Thing is, when I leave my house in the morning I feel that I look my best and feel fabulous. I'll come to work or run an errand and people will tell me that I look fantastic. This will make me glow inside and keep helping me to present the best me I can be.

Just this morning at a meeting a coworker was quite adamant that she thought I was the most fantastic dresser she knows. Other coworkers nodded and agreed with her sentiment. It's always been hard for me to accept the compliment. I don't know why. When I got dressed this morning, I also felt that I was wearing a great outfit. Where does this disconnect happen? How come I think something is good, someone else thinks the same thing is good yet when they call me on it - I am immediately drawn to say oh no...not me...this old thing...blah.

Pablo Casals tells me I have the capacity for anything.

The anything I choose is to be kind to myself. Accept all the good graces that come my way. Be strong in conviction and will to continue on in being the best me. Weight or no weight. If I can do it when I'm big, it will be second nature when I'm not so big.

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim...I'd love to hear from you - just be nice to each other - and me :)