Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Achievement.

"All the things we achieve are things we have first of all imagined and then made happen", David Malouf

Here I am.

Wanting to lose weight. Again. Always.

The earliest memories I have are of my family calling me fat or overweight or needing to lose a few pounds or not eating more potatoes.

I joined Weight Watchers a couple of years ago. One January day with my mom. We went to Saturday morning meetings together and I personally lost almost 20 pounds in 2 months!

Then, I fell off the wagon.

I can remember the weekend it happened. The day it happened. The moment it happened. It was a decision I made and then continued to make. That' s what weight loss is. A decision. A constant decision to choose whatever you put in your mouth; to choose whether I will go for a walk at lunch or head over to Starbucks for a latté; to choose what life I want for myself. Too many choices. And too many decisions for a procrastinator.

However, I have been feeling enlightened as of late. I have been reading some amazing blogs about women going through the weight loss process. I know it's tough but I also know how rewarding it can be and is. I want to be less bigger than I am. I want to be strong and toned. I want to not be winded when I walk to the parking lot to get my car after work. I want to put on my runners at lunch and go for that walk - without a second thought.

This will be my journey to become that person. The person I know I can be.

I am done imagining it. I am going to make it happen.
Hope you can come along for the ride. Or we can take it together.

*hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speaking without thinking is like shooting without taking aim...I'd love to hear from you - just be nice to each other - and me :)